Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Love and Attraction

What do you do when you are no longer attracted to a person you are supposed to love?  I throw this out because I think I have reached that point with my wife.  We are days away from our 9yr wedding anniversary.  If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed single.  My wife and I were at the house one day last week and I was changing clothes for work  She stared at me like a lion stares at an injured gazelle.  I just shook my head.  Last week she asked me, "Do you get as excited when I undress?"  I told her she didn't want to know my answer to that question.  My wife has gained some weight over the years.  All of it seems to in her stomach.  Even though our youngest is 4, she still gets asked regularly if she pregnant.  I got her a gym membership to try and help her get in shape.  That is now a waste of $10 a month cause she has not seen the inside of the facility in forever.  This is really how bad the situation has gotten for me.  I came home last night from work and went to the bedroom to get some clothes.  My wife was laying on the bed completely naked and asleep.  Most men would have jumped at that opportunity, hoping for sex. I, on the other hand, looked at her, shook my head in disgust and proceeded to gather my clothes.  I'm wondering how much longer the relationship can last when the love and attraction has died on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment