Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Valentine’s Day 2012 has come and gone.  It lived up to every expectation I had for it.  I tried to do something nice for the wife and kids.  So this past Friday I got baskets for all of them.  I went ahead and presented the gifts on Friday rather than have them roll around in my car for a few days.  The girls were very receptive.  The wife on the other hand stated she didn’t want a basket.  She wanted to go on a date for her V-day gift.  I looked at her and gave the basket to the girls.  Sunday afternoon I found the contents of my wife’s basket thrown across the floor.  Gotta love her appreciation of someone trying to do something nice for her.  Oh! Forgot to tell you what I got for Valentine 2012.  I got absolutely NOTHING.  Not even a damn happy valentine’s day.  Now I remember why I don’t care about holidays.  They have lost their meaning and focus too much on spending money.

No comments:

Post a Comment