Monday, April 8, 2019

One Reason for my Divorce

Living single gives me time to look at my life and analyze the good and the bad.  Last Friday offered a little incite as to why I ended up getting divorced.  Last Friday I received a text from a former co-worker.  She asked if I was busy and if I could talk.  I figured it was a serious matter because she knew I was at work.  I called and talked to her.  She needed me to calm her down about a situation and provide her advice.  After the call, a light bulb went off.  One of the reasons for my divorce suddenly stared me in the face.  One of the reasons for my divorce was the fact that I tried to be a "husband" to so many others besides my wife.  As I think back over the years, I was always doing things for my female friends that their significant other should have been doing.  Being a sounding board, providing advice, going out for meals, running errands.  These were all tasks I did on the regular.  Some friends reciprocated and others simply used me.  Regardless it happened.  And I think that because I had done all those things for my now ex-wife for so many years, I grew tired of doing it for her so I opted to to do it for someone else.  Toward the end of our marriage, she tried to accept my actions but in the end, divorce was the result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment