Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I went into Thanksgiving praying that it would go much better than last year and for the most part it did.  My wife was at her mom's house with the kids for the holiday.  I went to work Thanksgiving morning and was sent home early because business was slow.  I had told everyone I would be enjoying Thanksgiving with my dog.  This did not turn out to be the case.  My nephew can back into town on Thanksgiving.  He wanted me to meet some female friend of his and asked could she come over to the house.  I agreed because I was in a real, "who cares" kind of mood.  We had to go pick her up.  We got back to the house. They decided to watch a movie so I fixed some microwave popcorn.  Of course, now it was nearly 6pm on Thanksgiving Day and my nephew gets hungry.  I make a last minute grocery store run to get supplies to make nachos.  I return to the house. My nephew and his friend are laying on the couch watching a movie.  I prepared the nachos and left them alone.  A couple of hours later we took her home.  I had been drafted to go Black Friday shopping so off I went.  We weren't able to score any of the major items on everyone's lists so we opted to call it a night.  All in all, not a bad day.  Nobody ended up in the hospital and everyone seemed to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment