Sunday, January 12, 2014

Destroying my future to deal with the present

I had to take a desperate move to take care of most of my financial debts.  I had hoped that I would have found another job by now but no such luck.  In order to catch up on the mortgage and my truck note as well as some other bills, I cashed out my 401k from my last full time job.  Good news is that I was able to clear $8000 after the initial tax penalties.  Bad news is that I owed $6000 just for the truck and the mortgage.  Add $450 for daycare, $300 for a trip to the local Sams Club to buy stuff (paper plates and cleaning supplies) in bulk while we had money and you can see how to blow 8g's in a couple of days.  So now my present is ok for the moment but my future looks bleak because I don't have anything saved for retirement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment