Thursday, January 16, 2014

Judgement Day Arrives

Today was the day for my wife's hearing for her disability claim.  We had to meet with her lawyer at 730am before going to the location for the hearing.  While at his office we covered what he was going to tell the judge and what my wife should and should not say to help prove her case.  While we were reviewing the information, I hoped my wife could hold herself together to get through having to recount her battles with bipolar/depression/suicidal thoughts.  We rode with the lawyer to the building for the hearing.  When we arrived we were told it would be about 30 minutes before we could see the judge.  After a short time, my wife was called.  I accompanied her and the lawyer to the hearing room.  We walked, got seating and her case began.  Then it ended just as quickly.  The judge explained that based on the information he had in front of him and with assistance from a doctor who explained conditions and medications, he did not need to hear any further testimony.  The judge said he could make a ruling based on the evidence alone.  So that's it.  My wife has completed her fight for her disability claim.  Now it's just a matter of waiting to see how much her fight was worth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment