Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Jealous or Envious?

I've been thinking a lot recently about whether I'm jealous or envious of my co-workers and the lives they have.  Talking to people at my jobs leads to discussions about family game nights, vacations, going to the movies or other fun times.  Anyone who really knows me, knows all I do is work.  Hell, with 3 jobs, it's all I have time for.  I looked up jealousy and envy online to see which one better suited my thoughts and this is what I found.

The main difference between envy and jealousy is that envy is the emotion of coveting what someone else has, while jealousy is the emotion related to fear that something you have will be taken away by someone else.

Well that makes it pretty easy.  I can't be jealous because I don't have anything that anyone wants.  Guess I'm envious of my co-workers and their lives from time to time.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment