Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Fedex almost bought me a truck

A couple of weeks ago I was almost in a serious car accident.  I had made a stop at a gas station at the corner of an intersection.  I pulled out of a gas station onto the road.  This particular road (highway actually) has 5 lanes, two going north, two going south and a turn lane.  I needed to go south so I had to cross the 2 north lanes and the turn lane.  As I was crossing the turn lane I was almost hit by a FedEx truck going north in the southbound lane.  The only thing I can think of is the driver must have pulled out from the parking lot of an abandoned store on the corner was trying to avoid going through the light.  Luckily I saw the vehicle in time and we both slammed our brakes and swerved to avoid collision.  No collision.  He kept driving and so did I.  Thank God I was in the band and have that good peripheral vision at times.  Otherwise, FedEx would be taking care of me for the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment