Thursday, December 13, 2012

Don’t Use My Children Against Me

One of the things I dislike the most about my wife is when she tries to use my children against me.  She puts the children in the middle of our personal conflicts and uses them as a shield.  Prime example occurred yesterday.  I was pissed off after her doctor’s appointment.  Rather than cursing her for the rest of the day I went the opposite direction and decided not to talk to her at all.  Due to the silent treatment, she decided to stay in my room (my mancave).  There is where I sleep every night without her.  So why did she feel so obliged to come into the room with our 3yr old and make a place on the floor to sleep?  I guess she figured I would not act a fool because our child was there.  She was right partly.  I didn’t act a fool.  I chose to sleep in the bedroom by myself.  Once again, don’t use my children against me.  Things will not work out the way you want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment