Saturday, December 8, 2012

It Was All Good Just A Week Ago

Things seemed to be ok in my life just a week ago.  I had a conversation with one of my managers.  He told me it was the end of the year and time for annual reviews.  He told me he appreciated my help with trying to maintain the business and help it grow.  I had started to regain my focus and attention at my full time job and was preparing to lead my team in to the new year.  Then BAM! Shit happens.  Apparently I took too long to decide to lead my team into 2013 because my manager has decided to take some unique measures to ensure my success.  Good news is that I still have the job.  My other manager decided to tell me that for some reason the weekly reports had not been sent to our corporate team the last couple of weeks and that I must be doing something wrong.  Now mind you that I have been doing these reports for years with no problem.  Oh, almost forgot to mention the stuff at home.  First of all, my wife is having suicidal thoughts again.  As usual we spent all around each other and she said nothing. As soon as I left for work, I received a text about her head hurting and not being able to sleep so she was thinking of ways to kill herself.  And finally for this week, my wife decided to text me again while I was at work to tell me that our eldest child is gay.  I have no problems with my child being gay.  My problem comes from the fact that the wife found out about our child's sexual preference via facebook and then communicated the info to me via text.  It's times like this when I hate modern technology and social media.  I want to go back in time.  Things were all good just a week ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment