Thursday, April 12, 2012

WTF Moment - Meat Market on Wheels

I was home this evening with my oldest and youngest daughter.  We were talking with a couple of the Elders from the Mormon church.  A strange truck pulled into the driveway.  There was a sign on the truck so I presumed that maybe the nephew had ordered some food.  A man came to the door and said he wanted to show me some steaks.  I walked outside with him.  He proceeded to pull out a box of vacuum sealed meats from the deep freezer on the back of his truck.  He had NY strips, Tbone, center cut, kabobs, burgers and a couple of other items.  He said the box would retail for $250 at the local market but he would let me have it for $160.  I explained to him I did not have the money to make such a purchase at this time.  I got his phone number for future reference.  Wait for it! Here it comes! WTF?? Who really goes around selling boxes of steaks and shit door to door out of a freezer on the back of a pickup truck?  I've been in my house nearly 4 years and have NEVER seen this guy but he claims he has been in business for 17 years.  Okay. Business must not be doing too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment