Thursday, April 26, 2012

Clothes make the man

I wore an outfit to work today that I have worn many times.  The outfit consisted of a pair of khakis, a long-sleeve button down with matching tie and a sweater vest.  No special about it - the clothes are at least 4 years old. I did do one thing to alter my appearance though.  I wore my glasses.  I wear contacts 99.99% of the time but opted to wear the glasses today.  And I think that was the key to the outfit.  When I walked in the door at work someone said, "Who is that? I don't recognize that guy."  A little later I was complimented by someone who felt I looked studious.  Later during the morning one of the managers actually stopped in her tracks and then approached me to say how much she liked the outfit.  Amazing how something as simple as an outfit can make you the center of attention.  I guess clothes really do make the man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment