Sunday, November 11, 2018

I Tried

I used to be one of those parents who could attend activities with my kids due to my work schedule.  When I worked overnight, it was never a problem to go on a field trip during the day or attend a function.  When I stopped working overnight, those opportunities went away.  Since I moved out of the house a few weeks ago because of the divorce, I have not seen my kids.  I was supposed to get them for visitation a couple of weekends ago but as always, I had to work.  These past Friday, my youngest had a part in a school program.  I was off that morning so I tried to go see it and more importantly, see her.  When I arrived, I was told the program was not open to the general public.  I asked could I go in because my child had a part.  I was still told no.  Disappointed, I just walked away and texted my wife. I tried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment