Thursday, November 1, 2018

Off On My Own

As I continue on this journey of divorce, things are changing.  Last week I moved out of the house I worked so hard to get.  My wife wanted me to "stop torturing" her and our 2 younger daughters by remaining there.  Also, she had applied for government assistance stating I was already gone.  My original plan was to try to survive in my car for a couple of weeks to save money to get an apartment.  My mother wasn't trying to hear that.  She insisted that I find a hotel and she would assist with paying if necessary.  Luckily I was able to find an extended stay hotel for $250 per week.  So it's basically like having a one room apartment. I have a 42" tv (which I don't watch), fridge, microwave, 2 electric burners for cooking, bathroom with shower and most importantly a bed.  I knew with this divorce I would be off on my own.  Just didn't think it would be this soon and under these circumstances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment