Sunday, May 12, 2019

Bitch, He is a manager

We currently live in a society where people in leadership roles are getting younger.  Long gone are the days where a manager had to be an older white male.  That being said, also gone are the days when a "manager" only managed people.  Today managers are in the trenches with the grunts for the most part.  I have 3 managers currently.  All 3 work as hard as I do for the company.  No one has a desk job where they can sit and look cute.  I say all this because I had a situation recently with a customer.  She called during the day and spoke with one of my peers on the phone.  He told her he was the manager.  When she arrived later that day to resolve her issue, I introduced myself as the manager on duty.  She seemed a little confused.  She stated she wondered why the young man she spoke with earlier answered the phone and said he was the manager.  I tried to explain to her he is part of the management team so at the time she called, he was the manager.  She went on to say she not used to a manager answering the phone and things of that nature.  I had to bite my tongue before I said, Bitch, he is a manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment