Monday, May 13, 2019

Slip of the tongue

It's been 4.5 months since my divorce became official.  I'm not the kind of person who broadcasts my personal business.  People that knew my wife and I before the divorce still ask how is she doing and how are the kids.  I simply reply "they're good" or "they're ok."  If they ask if I'm divorced (considering I have not worn my ring in 4.5 months, you would think that someone would notice) I'll tell them.  I was talking to one of my co-workers at my retail job and she said something about my wife.  She caught me slipping because I said "you mean ex-wife."  Damn.  Slip of the tongue.  Her jaw dropped and said stop playing.  I said I was dead serious.  She shook her head and walked away.  I don't know if she has shared the info with anyone else.  If she does, cool.  If she does not, cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment