Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Our Divorce was Easy

I was talking with my ex-wife a few days ago.  She started telling me about some of her friends who were in some stage of divorce.  One lady stated her husband absolutely refused to consider divorce even though their relationship is completely shot.  Another lady is in the middle of a divorce but can't agree to terms with her husband.  Etc, etc.  Those ladies, along with members of my ex-wife's family asked, how did she make it seem so easy.  My ex-wife wasn't sure what they meant because divorce is never easy.  After spending 20+ years together, my wife and I are still trying to separate ourselves from each other financially speaking. Also, we still have children together so we can't completely walk away from each other.  I guess our divorce was easy because we agreed on everything.  I didn't put up any resistance to what she wanted.  I just signed the paperwork and kept it pushing.  Since we agreed on everything, there was no need to go to court.  I guess on the outside looking in our divorce was easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment