Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cracked Mask

Those that know me well, know that I am fan of an anime called Bleach.  The main character is a teenager named Kurosaki Ichigo.  He is given amazing powers in order to protect those around him.  Throughout the series, he faces challenges and overcomes them.  In order to use his maximum power, he often dons a mask.  One of the downsides of the mask is that it drains everything out of Ichigo which can require much recovery time.  Due to the nature of the mask, Ichigo can only sustain the form for a short time before the mask cracks and goes away allowing his recovery.  I pulled an Ichigo last week.  I overexerted myself by trying to do more than normal.  The end result was me not being able to mask how I was feeling.  Everyone around me knew that something was wrong.  I left me second job early because we were slow in hopes of getting some much needed rest.  I tossed and turned all night, so the sleep was not restful But it was enough to get me back on track.  I have to be careful with that.  A cracked mask could mean more problems than I am willing to deal with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment