Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

Wanted to drop a quick post about Memorial Day 2013 because I normally don't do too much on holidays.  I got up yesterday morning and ran to the store to grab some ice.  I had been grocery shopping several times over the weekend trying to get everything I would need to cook.  My game plan was to cook all the fish, chicken and steaks we bought from the discount meat man.  That way we would have leftovers to eat during the week and it would also free up some much needed freezer space.  I started cooking at around 10am.  I had sent text messages to about 6 people I work with inviting to come by and grab something.  I got a bunch of "ok" replies but no one actually showed up.  After cooking on a charcoal grill and a George Foreman grill about 4 hours, I had a refrigerator full of meat.  I took some to my part time job to share with the crew there.  Haven't heard any complaints so far.  All in all, it was not a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment