Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lay All Your Cards on the Table

I've been thinking about this post for most of the evening and decided to go with a poker motive to try and illustrate my point.  Poker is an interesting game to watch, especially when dealing with people with "poker faces."  You can never tell what is really going on in their mind.  On the other hand, rookies have tell signs as to how things are going.  Life is the same way.  You have some people like me who rarely show emotion or overly react to a situation.  Other people wear their feelings on the sleeve.  I took my pokeresque skills and put them to the test today.  I had a very deep conversation with one of my co-workers about an issue she was having in her life.  I laid all my cards on the table.  I let her know everything I could about her situation and what I felt she should do.  All I can do now is hope she showed me all her cards and is not hiding an ace up her sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment