Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Never Assume

 A close friend told me years ago you should never assume anything.  When I asked about why he felt that way, he broke the word down for me.  A-S-S-U-M-E.  When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.  Since learning that lesson, I have tried my best not to assume anything.  Unfortunately, I forgot that lesson today.  I assumed two of my close friends had been talking and knew what was going on in the others' lives.  I revealed some information which should have remained confidential.  That's what happens when you assume.  Now, me and my big mouth have caused animosity between my friends.  I can't undo what has been done and I really can't even try to mend the situation.  This is one of those life lessons what we need to learn but hate the teaching method.  Never assume.

No comments:

Post a Comment