Monday, August 19, 2013

A Change for a Black Sheep

The title of this post holds a double meaning.  For the first time in over 10 years I attended church service.  Now don't get me wrong, church is fine for those who had the time and desire to attend on a regular basis.  Unfortunately the last few years have not been kind enough to grant me such things.  Considering I am still unable to work due to my recent surgery, I thought today would be a good day to finally check out the Mormon church service.  This is where the Black Sheep part of the title comes in.  I dressed myself in a black dress shirt, tie and khakis to attend the service.  Little did I know that it was customary for the men of the church to wear white dress shirts.  So I stuck out like a black sheep.  No big deal.  The members of the church were understanding and accepting.  Two members of the church gave testimonials today.  They both talked about change - the other part of the title.  As they discussed changes they made in their lives and how change was important, I thought about recent changes for me.  I thought about where I currently am in life and where I want to be.  I'm really thinking I need to make some changes in my life to be happy.  The changes will not be easy but they will be necessary.  I guess it really may be time for this black sheep to shed his coat and try on something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment