Thursday, August 22, 2013

Cause for Panic

I'm usually a very calm and collected person.  I don't let everyday stuff get under my skin.  Where other people get upset/frustrated/irritated, I just charge it to the game and move on.  That is usually the case.  This morning however, was a whole different category.  Considering I have not worked since my surgery, I was curious if my paycheck would be for a full 2 weeks of work.  I thought that since I had plenty of vacation time left everything would be ok.  No such luck.  I was only paid for a couple of days.  With insurance deductions and taxes, my check is scheduled to be less than $20.  Now that is a reason to panic - especially when major bills like car note and mortgage have not been paid.  Add to that the fact that I have other transactions I set for payday under the assumption I was receiving close to a full check and you can see the hole I dug myself.  So I panicked for a minute.  Just a minute.  Anything longer than that is pointless.  I calmed down and started thinking of how to remedy the situation.  Luckily the wife was able to call in a favor to get some money and so was I.  We should be ok for now.  But in my normally calm world, there was a true reason to panic this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment