Thursday, August 15, 2013

Rubbing Salt In a Wound

Anyone who has ever watched the "Lethal Weapon" series should immediately get the title reference.  This is how I felt yesterday.  I had a training session scheduled at work.  The session was scheduled months ago.  Since it was only supposed to last 3 hours I figured I could endure the pain and come home.  I mentioned to my wife on Tuesday night that I planned on going.  Keep that part in mind as you continue to read.  So yesterday I got up and got dressed.  I told my wife to wish me luck and took the 10 minute drive.  Once I arrived at the building, I went to speak to my boss to let her know my recovery was going well.  I did not receive a warm reception.   It seems my wife had phoned my boss and told her my intentions.  My boss read me the riot act and told me to leave.  WTF?  I don't know at that point if I was more upset with my boss for not being happy to see I was doing ok or at my wife for taking the bitch way out of handling the situation.   So I'm basically stuck at the house for a month.  Talk about rubbing salt in a wound.  How am I supposed to heal when no one wants to let me try and regain my strength?

No comments:

Post a Comment