Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Breaking Up the Band

I've been going back and forth about this post for the last couple of days.  I think I was hesitant to post it because I don't want to deal with an upcoming reality.  But whether I post it or not, I can't change what it going to happen.  One of my best friends received a job offer and will be moving out of state by next month.  I am truly happy for her because the job is something she wants to do and will allow her to be closer to her family.  It just saddens me a little that I will not be able to see her as much anymore.  I'm sure we will keep in touch via phone calls, text messages and email but there is truly nothing like face to face communication.  My other concern is that once she has moved, the communication will become less and less to the point of almost non-existent.  That's what happened with my other close friend.  We went from communicating daily to me not hearing from her in over a month.  (Partially my fault.  She told me she found someone so I opted to let her dedicate time to being with that person rather that bother her daily.)  I guess the band has finally broken up and it is time for us to go our separate ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment