Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Why Did I Get Married?

Earlier today I was on youtube and ran across various wedding dance videos.  Some were father/daughter dances and others were bridesmaids vs groomsmen.  All of them were funny.  While I was watching the videos, a thought entered my mind.  Why did I get married in the first place?  As I sit home alone, the question really strikes a nerve.  My daughters are on spring break this week.  Last weekend they went on a camping trip with their church.  (I had to invest $140 in flashlights, sleeping bags, gloves and gas for the van but it was worth the chance for my girls to have fun.)  Now they are at my mother-in-law's.  Granted I don't get to see them and spend time with them due to trying to work 2 jobs and provide the bare essentials.  It would have at least been nice to see them play in the yard or run around the house.  Oh well.  I guess this is that part of being married that falls under "for better or for worse."  It's better for them to spend time with the in-laws so my wife can enjoy herself.  Worse case scenario they spend the entire spring break here and my house look like the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. 

No comments:

Post a Comment