Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Money Management

My wife received a letter in the mail last week stating she needed a representative payee before she could receive her past due benefits.  We went to the local social security office to get more information.  After waiting for an hour, we finally got a chance to talk to someone.  Basically it looks like I will have to manage her money since she has a history of overspending.  The office worker asked for my bank routing and checking number so I presume the money will be direct deposited into my account.  Hopefully we are one step closer to her receiving some type of income so our house can get back to being stable.  If she thinks I am going to give her any access to my account, she should think again.  In order for us to survive, her money has to be put to the proper use.  I can't take a chance on her mismanaging money again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment