Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I Can't Want It More Than You

I want a lot of things for people in my life.  However, I am constantly being reminded that I can't want it more than the actual person.  Example.  I have a female friend who is not happy in her marriage and has not been for a long time.  I have offered advice and told her what I would do.
I suggested she at least separate from her husband for a little while because being in the same house is not productive for either of them.  I even helped her start searching for somewhere else to live.  She even got an offer from her parents to move in with them until she can re-establish herself.  But guess what?  She is still in the same situation.  I can't want it more than she wants it herself.  Another example.  My wife's weight.  We had talked about this many times and nothing has changed.  She still looks like she is pregnant.  If her medication is the problem, then she should investigate/discuss alternatives.  I refuse to believe her weight gain is solely due to medicine.  If so, the FDA would outlaw the drug.  Laziness is just as big a factor as medication.  But I can't exercise for her.  I purchased yet another Nintendo Wii in hopes of her working out.  No go.  It is collecting dust in a corner.  Oh well.  I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment