Friday, March 14, 2014

When Art Imitates Life

Most professional artists (musicians and comedians in particular) will tell you that the best material they produce is based on some aspect of their real life.  They may/may not change names but the events did happen.  With that in mind, it brings me back to my love of music. I was driving to work the other day and "Can't Raise a Man" started to play.  I thought about a close friend who is going through a situation with her husband and the lyrics really hit home.  Then I started thinking about how many songs have impacted me.  There are certain songs that as soon as the beat starts, I drift into thoughts of certain people and events.  It's true that art imitates life.  It's just up to us to recognize when it happens and to paint a perfect picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment