Thursday, February 9, 2012

An Offer You Can't Refuse

I prepared dinner a couple of nights ago for the family before I was heading out to my evening job.  The wife and kids sat at the kitchen table while I went to get dressed for work.  When I came back through, my wife mentioned she was working on something for our anniversary and needed to know what day of the week it fell on.  I checked the calendar and discovered the anniversary occurs on a Friday this year.  Her next statement was that she wanted to spend the weekend doing whatever she is plotting.  I asked her to define "weekend."  She said Friday and Saturday would be nice but a 3 day weekend would be perfect.  I looked at her and asked if she seriously thought that I would take off 3 days from both of my jobs.  The next morning I approached her and offered her a deal.  I told her there are 4 months until our anniversary.  I told her that if she could better perform her duties as a mother and wife (i.e.  putting up leftovers rather than leaving then out to go to waste, picking up her clothes in the bedroom, better financial management) I would happily go along with whatever she had in mind for our anniversary.  Her response to my offer - "whatever."  I thought it was an offer she could not refuse.  I guess some people refuse to change even if it is for their own good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment