Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Reason, a Season or a Lifetime

I often tell people of my love of the theory of why people are in your life.  People cross your path for a reason, a season or a lifetime.  I am starting to think that there was a real reason why things happened the way they did with my nephew and he ended up with us.  This past weekend his daughter was hospitalized.  While in the hospital she took a turn for the worse and had to have surgery.  He tries to get along with the baby's mother but that is not always the case.  She was crying and fussing at him.  He was confused about what he should do.  I told him that all he could do was leave it in the hands of God and the doctor doing the surgery.  I went on to say all the tears in the world would not save his daughter.  I know it is an unfeeling way to be but that's how I am.  I don't get emotional often.  I try to remain the voice of logic and reason.  I think the reason I am in my nephew's life is to keep him grounded as he makes this late transition from a boy to a man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment