Thursday, May 3, 2012

Starting not to Feel

I had a very scary moment last week.  I got sick.  My blood sugar was completely out of whack.  The real scary part about the situation is that I couldn't feel the problem with my blood sugar.  I will admit that I am a terrible diabetic.  But like any other diabetic, I can feel when my body is not functioning properly.  When my sugar is high, I get thirsty and go to the bathroom a lot.  When my sugar is low, my heartrate increases and I start to shake.  My sugar dropped last week and I was unable to feel it.  I don't know if it was because I was so determined to push myself that I ignored the signs or if the signs never came but I do know that I got sick.  I don't know what I am going to do if I can't feel myself getting sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment