Thursday, January 10, 2013

I Will Be Your Comforter

As I have stated in a few posts, I have become very close with a female co-worker recently.  We talk about everything from work topics to our home lives.  We have gotten to the point where the walls are almost completely down and no topic is taboo.  Last month there was a burgalary in her neighborhood.  She has been a little concerned ever since because the robbery happened during the daytime hours.  She went home a few nights ago and noticed a strange vehicle parked near her house.  She went inside and called her husband who was at work.  Knowing it would be a while before he could be there, she opted to call me.  She wanted to stay on the phone with me until he arrived home.  I even offered to drive by her home to make sure the vehicle was gone.  She relaxed once I told her all was clear in her neighborhood.  I'm happy I was able to comfort her and keep her calm until her husband arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment