Friday, September 13, 2013

Doctor's Visit

Yesterday was yet another trip to the doctor.  Good news is that this was supposed to be a routine checkup.  I was a little fearful because of all the low blood sugars I experienced in the last few weeks.  That plus my surgery last month did not make a good mix.  I got in and they checked my vitals.  I have managed to lose 2 pounds since I last saw the doctor.  Blood pressure was elevated but that could be contributed to the fact I left work to make it to the appointment.  Then came the review of my blood sugars.  The doctor immediately picked up on the daily morning lows.  She also noticed that some days I did not use my bolus for the food I would eat.  I explained that most days I would eat to simply offset the low sugar but I did not eat a set number of meals each day.  End result of the visit was a reduction in all my basal rates for my pump and a commitment to eat more.  In particular, I have to eat breakfast daily.  I go back in a month to see if the changes are effective.  

No comments:

Post a Comment