Saturday, September 7, 2013

What's Done in the Dark

I received a phone call from the nephew yesterday.  I was busy at work so I could not answer.  He called back and I was still working.  He sent a text message asking if I could call him.  I told him I would do it after work.  I called him on the way home.  I already knew what he had in mind before I dialed his number.  He wanted to borrow some money.  Apparently his criminal background finally caught up with him and he was released from his job.  He needed gas money to get to another job interview.  I quickly reminded him that I was out of work for 3 weeks and struggling to take care of my own household.  After I hung up with him I simply thought to myself, "What's done in the dark eventually comes to the light."

No comments:

Post a Comment