Friday, December 6, 2013

Breaking Point and an Ultimatum

Everybody reaches their breaking point at some time in their life.  There comes a situation where a person gets tired of being stepped on and decides to buck the system.  I reached my breaking point yesterday.  I returned home from a short time out with former co-workers.  Upon my return, I scanned my house and was instantly pissed off.  There was a plate of cut up cheese on the stove which had been sitting out so long it had turned hard.  The rest of the block of cheese was discovered in my oldest's room.  There were 4 cups in the living and a nice spill of the soda I had purchased earlier.  My four year old was standing next to the bed in the main bedroom watching some movie on Lifetime Movie Network while my wife was asleep. That was the last straw.  I talked to my wife today and told her exactly how I felt.  I told her I was tired of asking/begging/screaming at her to change but nothing happens.  I asked her if she had considered what she was going to do if her case does not go through and she does not receive benefits from her termination.  She just looked at me.  I explained to her that I would stay here until income tax time.  I reminded her that she did not work in 2013 so any refund we receive is technically mine.  I let her know that if she has not done a complete change by that time, I'm gone.  She didn't say anything.  She just gave me the same "whatever" look as always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment