Sunday, December 22, 2013

Can Money Buy Happiness?

I've been asking myself this question a lot recently.  I guess it's because I still have not found a second job and things are getting really tight financially.  I opted to make sure my kids had a decent Christmas so now bills are showing up and I don't have the money to pay them all.  Ever since I lost my job I have been kind of blah about life.  At one point I thought to myself that money would answer my problems and cure my disposition.  Then I thought about the money situation more closely.  Money can't buy happiness.  It pays for contentment.  The richest people in the world (i'm thinking of celebrities and athletes) aren't always happy.  Even with all their money, ever move they make is analyzed and scrutinized.  I don't need that stress. I also thought about what makes me happy.  Things that make me happy like a hug/kiss from a loved one don't cost money.  So I guess I have the answer to my question.  Money can buy many things but happiness is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment