Tuesday, December 17, 2013

WTF - You Busy?

In this day and age of social media and advanced technology, people have lost the art of general conversation.  Everything is text speak and acronyms as we hurry about our day.  I was at work the other day and I received a text message from the nephew.  As usual, I am going to give the exchange word for word so you can see the level of craziness I truly deal with.

Him:  U busy?
Me:  Yes. At work. What Up?
Him:  I'm in some shit unk
Me:  Now what?
Him:  I see my po on Tuesday In I dnt get payed tell Friday in what been going. On with this ppl up at the po office she wnt let me pay it later
Me:  I can't help you.  Struggling to pay my own bills as is
Him:  Even if u get it back on Friday
Me: No

(Ok.  For those of you reading who are not up on the legal system in our country, PO stands for parole officer.  He was asking for money to pay the PO the monthly fee.) 

WTF?  Are you serious?  Why would I lend you money when you have borrowed money from me SINCE you moved out of my house in July and not repaid?  Do I look like an ATM?  I usually don't wish ill will towards others but I truly feel jail may be the best place for this young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment