Monday, December 26, 2011

The Christmas Loan

I realize this post is going up after Christmas but I feel I need to share the foolishness I had to deal with going into the holiday.  A little over a week ago, my wife approached me about getting Christmas gifts for the girls.  I gave her my best WTF look and explained that I didn’t have any money for gifts. Between the increase payments for my new truck, insurance and other household expenses, I was beyond broke.  She thought we needed to tell the kids that we could not afford to get them anything for Christmas. Are you fucking serious? You expect me to tell my kids that I cant afford to get them a damn thing for Christmas although I work 2 jobs and they hardly see me?  So the next option was to try and get a loan.  She decides to go to the place where I got my loan. Cool. They know me so I know they will work with you. WRONG! Because you try to get the loan with just your income. Quick denial.  So when I left work, I go by and talk to the manager who is a friend from college.  He quickly explains the problem.  He tells me that if we add me to her application, she should get approved.  We add my info and voila! Instant approval.  I placed a call and told my wife to pick up  the check on her way home.  So as usual, thanks to my connections and hard work, things worked out.  My wife was able to get the girls Christmas stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment