Thursday, December 8, 2011

People Pleaser

One of the hardest things we have to do in life is learn to take our own advice.   It’s easy to dish it out to anyone who is willing to listen.  But what happens when the person that needs to hear it most is the man in the mirror?  During the last 24 hours, I have had to really think about taking some of my own advice.  I always tell people that you can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.  There is another side to the story that I always neglect.  When trying to please others, don’t forget about the most important person – yourself.  Due to recent events, I feel that I have gone above and beyond trying to please people and the return on investment is not there.  That’s okay.  It’s time I stop trying to be a people pleaser and start taking care of numero uno. 

No comments:

Post a Comment