Monday, December 26, 2011

Who's Right

My nephew has been staying with us for a little while now.  I’m trying to give him a chance to get on his feet because I feel he was dealt a bad hand in life and no one told him how to play the cards.  With that in mind, he is getting conflicting information on relationships from my wife and myself.  He currently has one child, a possible second and then there is the girl he is dating (who happens to have a child herself.)  My wife thinks he should be with the mother of his first child.  I attribute this to the fact that my wife is baby crazy and enjoys watching the baby any chance she gets even though she is not caring for the 3 children that are naturally hers.  I have only had one interaction with the young lady and that was when she was dropping the baby off to my wife.  I got a quick hi and bye.  The other young lady that he is currently dating has had a conversation with me.  I explained to my nephew that he has to choose someone he is willing to wake up alongside of for the rest of his life.  It needs to be someone who takes care of him emotionally, spiritually, financially and physically.  In his mind, the young lady his is dating and not the mother of his child is that person.  I hope he makes the best decision for his situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment