Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Being Noticed

The dress code for my full-time job is business casual Sunday through Thursday and jeans on the weekends.  Typical dress for most business these days that don't have uniforms.  I decided to wear a suit to work yesterday.  No particular reason.  I've worn suits before and will continue to wear them in the future.  During the course of the day I got my usual comments.  "You must have an interview today."  "Where's the funeral?" "How are doing today reverend?"  The list goes on.  I take it all in stride and play along with the jokes.  While walking around the building I ran into one of the managers that I don't see very often because of our schedules.  She stopped, did a double take and complimented my attire.  I thanked her and continued on my way.  It's just amazing how something as simple as a suit can make everyone notice you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment