Sunday, November 18, 2012

Air Freshener Vs. Disinfectant

I was talking to my nephew today on the phone about trying to get rid of a burnt popcorn smell which was lingering in the house.  I told him to get the can of air freshener off of my desk and spray a little as well as lighting a newly purchased candle.  He asked which can I was referring to.  Although I was not at the house, I was pretty sure I knew what was on my desk.  I asked him for the colors of the cans.  His response let me know that he saw one can of air freshener and one can of disinfectant.  He asked if they were the same.  I had to stop and think before the wrong words left my mouth.  I told him the purpose of disinfectant was to kill germs and air freshener helped get rid of odors.  He chimed in stating he had been told they are the same thing.  I hated to burst his bubble.  I had to explain the proper use of each item before things got out of hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment