Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Oxymoron

I needed to have one of my prescriptions refilled. It required doctor's authorization so the pharmacy called my general practitioner.  The medication is for my cholesterol.  I have not had a cholesterol test run since the beginning of the year so the doctor wanted to see me.  My appointment was for this morning.  I was instructed to fast last night in preparation for the test.  No food after midnight.  That was a challenge because I am usually up snacking at the time of night.  I made it to the appointment and went thru the motions.  Weight, blood pressure and breathing were fine according to the nurse.  The doctor came in and we talked about the reason for my visit.  He looked at my vitals and his exact words were "You are a very healthy diabetic."  Healthy diabetic?  Now that has got to be one of the best oxymorons I have ever heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment