Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Battling My Disease

This past weekend was kind of rough in regards to dealing with my condition.  In hindsight, I think things could have gone better if I had been a little more proactive.  My blood sugars ran high almost the entire weekend.  The scary part was that at one point when I thought it was low, a quick meter test showed quite the opposite.  That meant my sugar had been high for so long, I was unable to distinguish hyperglycemia from hypoglycemia.  I kept taking medicine and nothing seemed to work.  It was not until yesterday when I changed my insulin that I started to get relief.  Looking at the previous injection site, the skin around it seem bruised.  I guess I bumped or rubbed the site and caused my insulin to gather there rather than properly entering my bloodstream.  I consider that a lesson learned.  Battling my disease can be difficult.  I have to make smart decisions to make sure I am always the one who wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment