Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Am I Jealous?

I was talking with one of my peers yesterday at work.  I have been doing assisting her a lot to help get her acclimated to the way the business runs.  She made the comment that she had been approached by one of the upper managers and complimented on her work.  She was told people had their eyes on her.  When my peer shared the news with me, I told her congrats.  I hinted she may be about to move up in the world.  Then for a brief second, I was upset.  It didn't last long - just long enough for me to recognize the emotion.  For the blink of an eye, I was pissed that she was being recognized for her work yet I was the one showing her what to do and how.  The moment passes as quickly as it came.  I reminded myself that I am a black sheep and don't always fit into the cookie cutter design of our organization.  I realized I shouldn't be and couldn't be jealous of my peer.  I wish her all the best and will do anything I can to help her succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment