Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Words Cut

I've been told by several people that I have a talent with words.  I'm one of those people that can take a basic thought and turn it into an elegant statement.  One of the sups I work with often asks for my input on how to say things to get his point across clearly.  I have also been told that my blunt honesty can hurt, a lot.  Today while at the doctor with my wife she said something which required my feedback.  Luckily, I had made up my mind before entering the office that I would be careful of what I said.  I took a deep breath, looked at the doctor first and then turned to my wife.  I told her to be careful of the path she was walking.  She was about to make a dangerous step and my words were going to cut her deep.  The doctor quickly interjected and said that I seemed a little frustrated.  At this point, I decided not to verbally assault my wife only because I was not in the mood to deal with her tears.  I just need her to keep in mind that when I get started, my words cut deeper than any blade.

No comments:

Post a Comment