Thursday, February 21, 2013

Am I a Good Parent?

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I consider myself to be a good parent.  I work two jobs to try and support my three little girls.  I try to teach them the ways of the world and that you have to work hard to get what you want out of life.  I want them to understand they don't have to depend on anyone but themselves for success.  With all that in mind, it's times like this when I wonder if I do enough.  This weekend is a Father-Daughter event in the community.  I completely forgot about the date and failed to request the day off from work.  My wife promised the girls they could attend so a friend of the family volunteered to take them.  Does missing out on an event such as this make me a bad parent?  I try to attend as many of their events as possible but sometimes work has to come first.  I hope they understand sometimes the choices we make in life are hard ones and sometimes people's feelings have to be hurt for the greater good.

No comments:

Post a Comment