Thursday, February 28, 2013

Can I Get a Little Me Time?

Yesterday I went out with some co-workers to dinner.  We had been planning it for weeks and I am sure I mentioned it to my wife on more than one occasion.  Low and behold, when I left the house I immediately got a text message "Where are you going?"  I responded stating I was going to dinner with my associates but did not know the destination yet.  Later in the evening I got another text message asking where were we and could my wife and kids join us.  I did not reply to that message.  Still later was when the real drama started.  She texted me asking how much longer would I be out because she was not feeling good.  Really?  Why is it that when I leave the house for a few hours to try and enjoy myself she starts to feel bad?  I don't remember feeling bad when she went to New Orleans when I told her not to.  I don't remember getting ill when she went on the vacation with her sister last summer when I told her not to.  It just amazes me how we act sometimes.  I think it is a shame that I can't get a little me time.

No comments:

Post a Comment