Thursday, February 14, 2013

Some Jokes Just Ain't Funny

As Valentine's Day 2013 comes to a close, I must post about the foolishness which just occurred.  I decided to run to the store and purchase a soda because I wanted something with some fizz to drink.  While at the store, I decided to purchase a candy bar for my wife.  I decided to get her "favorite" candy bar even though she had stopped eating them because the name of the candy bar reminded her of someone she did not like.  When I arrived home and gave her the candy bar, she looked at me and said, "thank you.  I actually asked Bob to get me one earlier.  He told me he would do it and mail it to me overnight."  Now, Bob is her best friend's husband.  Please tell me at what point in time was this supposed to be funny. It's times like that when I just walk off before I say something and truly hurt her feelings.  Some jokes just ain't funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment